Educating pupils about online safety
Pupils will be taught about online safety as part of the curriculum.
In Key Stage 1, pupils will be taught to:
- Use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private
- Identify where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content or contact on the internet or other online technologies
In Key Stage 2, pupils will be taught to:
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly
- Recognise acceptable and unacceptable behaviour
- Identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact
The safe use of social media and the internet will also be covered in other subjects where relevant.
The school uses assemblies to raise pupils' awareness of the dangers that can be encountered online and may also invite speakers to talk to pupils about this.
Educating parents about online safety
The school will raise parents' awareness of internet safety in letters or other communications home, and will signpost to further online support and guidance (see links below). Our E-Safety and Acceptable Use Policy is also shared with parents.
If parents have any queries or concerns in relation to online safety, these should be raised in the first instance with the Head teacher and/or the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
For e-safety help and advice please click on the links below: